Friday, January 9, 2009

Most RipOffReport.com Complaints Are Fake

Many innocent people and companies find themselves a victim of the website that claims it is ?helping you the consumer?. I don?t think it helps the consumers as much as they ?the consumer using ROR? and ?rip-off report? think. I believe that the ?rip off report? website pledge should be changed to something like ?Helping Destroy Reputations with Lies?. The fact is most of the complaints on small businesses found on the ripoffreport.com website are false, fake, frivolous, unverified, entries.

The problem with the ripoffreport.com website is anyone with an email address that can type a few words can ruin a businesses reputation and business, simply by making up a bunch of negative lies. To top it off the website?s (ripoffreport.com) attitude toward the businesses that are the true victims of these lies seems to be ?There is noting you can do about it? and ?We will never remove a complaint even if we know it is a lie?.

I wanted to test how easy it was to make a fake complaint so I created a false complaint against a name that does not exist online. I searched Google for the name I made up and got zero results. I searched everywhere online and got zero results when searching the name. I then went and create an account simply by verifying my email address. I then posted my little FAKE rant about a lady who was writing bad checks. The person?s name I made up is/was Alley Mandooyee. If you search Google for the name I made up: Alley Mandooyee you will see a RipOffReport.com complaint, you can also see the complaint here on the ripoffreport website (assuming they have not removed it).

See, if it is possible to post a completely fake complaint on a completely fake person, don?t you think it would be very easy to make a fake or false complaint about anyone? This is not good. It is something that thousands abuse and thousands are victims of. There should be some type of guidelines or proof of doing business with someone required in order to post a complaint about them. I mean you can go on there right now and say your postman has been stealing your mail, or your local bakery spits in there baked goods.

How can the complaints on ripoffreport.com be taken seriously, if there is no verification process or proof of the complaint? I understand the concept of consumer complaint sites, but the ROR site is defeating the purpose. The purpose should be to find true and accurate information about companies you plan to do business with. In my opinion RipOffReport.com is worthless to consumers and serves only as a playground for trouble makers and extortionists.

Have you found a complaint about you or your company on RipOffReport.com? We can remove rip off report complaints off of top search engine results.

No comments: